This is a Reading and Writing Thai Language Class which focuses on phonics knowledge for communicative purposes through written text, so that students can communicate their ideas and emotions to others through writing and through reading, others can communicate with them. This class covers Thai language writing system, the alphabet, class of consonants, short- and long-vowels, tone marks and tone rules for each class of consonant both with and without tone marks.
Age: 18 and over (adults only)
Level: Beginner (A1/A2)
Time: Saturday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Course Length: 10 weeks
Price: £200 (Payment Plan Available)
Start date: Saturday 1st September 2018 – Saturday 3rd November 2018
– Follow a course workbook which covers essential grammar and vocabulary for the level
– Practice functional Thai language in real-life contexts
– Complete homework assignment each week to monitor progress
– Complete a test at the end of the course
– Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course
– Can name the letters of the alphabet in order
– Can write each letter in the correct directions, starting and finishing in the right place
– Can use letter names to distinguish between alternative spellings of the same sound
– Know the initial and ending sounds (phoneme) for each letter (grapheme)
– Understand which letters belong to which consonant class
– Know the commonly used letter from each consonant class
– Can segment words into individual sound
– Can use some long-vowel and short-vowel patterns to spell one-syllable words
Who is the course for?
This class is designed for people who….
– have busy lives and limited opportunities for studying Thai language
– need to improve their communication skills in Thai language
– want to practise with other students in a fun and friendly environment
– would like the guidance and help of an experienced native Thai language tutor in a real classroom
You will be required to pay a deposit of £50 at the time of your registration, then £15 per week for a total of 10 weeks.
How to book
Simply call Ms. Li Morrissey on 07854628976 or email [email protected] to reserve your place.